The performance of faculty members at the University of Jordan is assessed through:
Student assessment of academic staff
· student assessment questionnaire of academic staff is available on the website of Accreditation and Quality Assurance Center (AQAC).
· When the end of the semester is nearing, each school asks students to fill out the questionnaire.
· Each academic staff shall review the result of the assessment and attach it to the course report in order to be studied and make the necessary recommendations when discussing the report in the meeting of department board.
Dean and Head of Departments assessment of academic staff
· Each dean and head of department evaluate the performance of each academic staff annually in the areas of training, scientific research and community service.
Evaluation of research outcome
· UJ evaluates research output of each academic staff by preparing a database that includes information on number of papers, citation and h index of each academic staff.
· UJ prepares an annual report including research production of UJ in SCOPUS.
· UJ launches rankings of the most published and highly cited researchers at UJ.